Dear Readers, Do you want to know when and how perming can be done? Making hair curly or wavy is called hair perming. The less hair also can be shown as more growth by hair perming method. It also adds to the beauty of face and helps to lend a different and beautiful look to personality. Before perming don’t use any coating on hair like dye, henna and hair pack etc. These coating doesn’t suit while perming and perming cannot be done. Perming is not suitable for sensitive or chemically processed hair. There are different types of perming roll with different size.
Selection of perming rolls depends on which type of curling is selected. Vertical sticks need to use for vertical waves perming. It is called spiral perming.
Material for Perming
- Plastic bowl
- Tissue paper
- Tail comb
- Perming roll
- Perming lotion
- Shower cap
Pin up the hair for perming rolls
How to do Perming Hair
- Wash the hair with shampoo and wipe out with towel.
- Then pin-up the hair in desired strands.
- Take thin section of hair and on the end of the hair put tissue paper. Rolls can be set inturn or outturn. Use thick rolls for larger curls and thin roll for small curls.
- Wind the rolls as per required style of perming one chooses.
- All the pin-ups take off one by one and set rolls by taking thin sections of hair.
- After setting all the rolls apply perming lotion one by one on hair with the help of nozzle bottle.
- Close all the rolls with shower cap which help to create heat that facilitates creating different types of waves in the hair.
- Follow the instruction given on the perming lotion bottle and set the rolls. After sometime take off the shower cap and check one roll. As per the expectations if waves are found in hair, unfold all the rolls or wait for some more time to get set.
- Clean off the perming lotion with water before unfolding the rolls and dry the hair with help of tissue paper or napkin or hair dryer.
- Now apply neutralizer on hair retain for 10 minutes it helps to retain the hair waves for long time.
- Without unfolding the rolls wash off neutralizer with plain water and wipe out with napkin.
- Now take of the rolls carefully one by one and wash it with plain water again and wipe out carefully. Never comb immediately after perming.
- Apply mousse or wet-look gel don’t shampoo for 2 days.
1.While applying perming lotion take care as it should not reach the scalp.
2.After 2 days of perming always use protective branded shampoo and conditioner.
3.Check on the perming lotion product and retain the rolls in the hair as per suggested time on the perming lotion.
Note: over-process may lead to damage of hair so it is necessary to retain the rolls as suggested on the perming lotion product.
Do you want to know about Hair Straightening? Read my next articles.
This is about Hair Perming Method-Curly Hair. Let me know your views on the topic in the comments. If you like this article please share and rate it in order to create awareness about Natural beauty and Health. I will come back with new posts for Health, Recipes and Herbal Beauty tips soon.
Keep visiting Take Care