Dear Readers, Today I will discuss Sore Throat Causes Symptoms and Treatment-Food For Sore Throat and cold, how to prevent and few natural home remedies for the cure. Don’t ignore a sore throat it may lead to serious problem. A sore throat refers to inflammation of the pharynx or back of the throat. When a person has a cold or influenza. It may involve tonsils and if it is not removed may lead to serious problem. Over 90 percent sore throats caused by viruses and bacteria. It is difficult to recognize the difference between viral or strep.
Antibiotics don’t really work for sore throats. It is advisable to avoid antibiotics for unnecessary reasons. Make sure medicine should be used under the supervision of your doctor. When infection effects immune system needs energy. Avoid stress, take rest and keep warm.
Causes for Sore Throat
Common cold and influenza
Frequent use of voice
Symptoms of Sore Throat
In case of a sore throat the patient complaints of burning and dryness in the throat followed by chills. Lymph glands may become swollen. Back of throat becomes very red.
The patient finds difficulty in swallowing. If the irritation has spread to nasal passage patient may suffer from postnasal discharge. A sore throat caused by streptococcal germs suffers from fever, sharp pain and swelling.
Food for Sore Throat
- A sore throat can be caused by virus or bacteria vitamin C is beneficial to boost the immune system. Take vitamin C until a sore throat has gone. Cherries and blueberries are best antioxidants.
- Ginger Works as an antiviral and antibacterial agent. It reduces inflammation and prevents irritation. Tea with lemon, ginger, and honey is beneficial for a sore throat.
- Zinc found in seeds like eggs, nuts, beans, pulses, meat, and fish. Zinc is very useful in a sore throat. Act as soon as possible to get the cure. Take vitamin A to fight infection. Vitamin A is available in green vegetables, orange, carrots, sweet potatoes, apricots, and peaches.
- A sore throat may be due to food allergy or intolerance.Throughout our body, we have colonies of beneficial bacteria including our throat. Due to Antibiotics, mouthwashes, high sugar, and alcohol beneficial bacteria can be easily disrupted. Ginger, garlic, berries, cherry, blueberry, carrots are excellent food for a sore throat.
- Avoid Food: Sugar, refined carbohydrates, alcohol avoid to prevent a sore throat.
Home Remedies for Sore Throat
- The leaves of Basilexcellent in the treatment of a sore throat. Boil basil leaves in water for 10 minutes and takes every day. Need to gargle with same water.
- Fenugreek is very effective for a sore throat and body odor. 1tbsp fenugreek seeds should boil in a glass of water for 5 minutes. Take every day and also gargle. It is an excellent home remedy for a sore throat.
- The spice cinnamon very useful for a sore throat if it is resulting from cold. Cinnamon powder boil in a glass of water with a pinch of pepper powder and half spoon honey. Take every day until getting the cure.
Note: If any serious health problem please consult your doctor immediately. The above tips should be followed Under the guidance of your health-care practitioner.
So, these were the tips on the cold and sore throat. What are your views on the topic? Do let me know in the comments. If you like this article please share and rate it. I will come back with new posts for health and herbal beauty tips soon.
Keep visiting Take Care